Monday, December 22, 2014

Argentina: El Calafate

I arrived in El Calafate and went to a first hostel but after 10min in it I just left for another cause it was too shitty. In the second hostel a couple (french guy and spanish girl) didn't let me go to sleep before tellin me every details of their 5month trip in South America!! I got a couple of tips but I don't think it was worth the time spent listening to them. The next 2 days not much, I was trying to see the different options to do the South (Ushuaia, Torres del Paine and then go back up). I just went to a protected area for birds at the exit of El Calafate which was quite nice (especially the flamingos!) and there I met a group of old Argentinians women with whom I spent some time to chat and drink mate while watching the birds and talking about how muh I look like their grandkids :) Really cool moments.

The 3rd day I went to the glacier Perito Moreno with a bus. I met a French girl in he bus (Lorie) with whom I spent most of the time at the glacier. Even if the weather was not amazing, the glacier is realy impressive! We had more than 5 hours there so plenty of time to walk around all the path in front of the glacier and take the time to watch big pieces of glacier falling into the lake's water with impressive sounds.






No comments:

Post a Comment